Friday, May 31, 2013

Sarah Gadon Talks About Keeping A Distance While Woking with Rob on 'Cosmopolis'


 imagebam.com imagebam.com

Fortunately for Sarah, there seems to be nothing hotter in Hollywood right now than starring in a Canadian movie. Just ask Robert Pattinson, who played Sarah's love interest in Cosmopolis, and Jake Gyllenhaal, who played Sarah's on-screen husband in Denis Villeneuve's An Enemy.

[...]

If Sarah's critically acclaimed role as the wife of Fassbender's Carl Jung got the industry's attention, her second Cronenberg role as Robert Pattinson's wife in Cosmopolis cemented her rising star status. Not only did the a second collaboration with Cronenberg mean she'd joined the ranks of the director's inner circle along with the likes of Mortensen, Jeremy Irons and Vincent Cassel, she became the focus of the Twihard sets' curiosity when she got close to Pattinson on-screen.

"I kept my distance, knowing that there might be a blacklash," says Sarah of working opposite Pattinson whose Twilight fan-base is comparable to Beatlemania or Bieber Fever. "Caitlin, David's daughter, received more of a blacklash because she was tweeting a lot of photographs from set, and people were speculating about their relationship and proximity. I think too that I kept such a distance that they thought, 'We're not going to find anything with this one! We'll pin it all on that one!' It's terrible that that happens too. It's terrible for him because I take my work so seriously, obviously, and so does he. It's not like you would ever compromise the integrity of your work by doing something...at least I never would. I'm boring that way"
[...]

Having Jake Gyllenhaal as her third major on-screen husband after Fassbender and Pattinson isn't so bad, I joke.

"I only accept rich, famous actors as my husband," laughs Sarah.

Although cozying up to Fassbender, Pattinson and Gyllenhaal would definitely be a perk to most people, their heartthrob statuses seem irrelevant to Sarah. In fact, she seems more excited for her co-stars to join her in the art-house realm than anything else. When I suggest that Pattinson's work with Cronenberg has helped change the path of his career from teen heartthrob to bonafide actor, Sarah agress. "Yes," she says with a smile. "Now he's going to go work with Werner Herzog."

Source/Mapstothestars/Gossip_Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment